Data Collection and Distribution
In order to ensure uniformity and consistency in FundCollect’s database, a number of standards for data reporting have been implemented in accordance with international standards for the calculation of performance and economic indicators. The individual fund groups have access to FundCollect’s database and can verify and conduct quality control procedures, which in combination with FundCollect’s own procedures help to ensure the most consistent and updated data universe on the Danish market.
FundCollect distributes data to the entire investment community as well as other interested parties with an interest in mutual fund data. The data is offered in several formats, with XML being the most common, and can also be distributed on a continual basis via FTP, as only one example.
The data can also be hosted and maintained by FundCollect, where FundCollect performs all administrative tasks that are associated with the ongoing update and administration of data. The major advantage to a solution hosted by FundCollect is that clients avoid the need to create and maintain their own database, and merely access FundCollect’s systems to access the required data.
FundCollect offers a comprehensive list of various types of fund data. Below are examples of some of the types of data, which are distributed by FundCollect:
- Daily NAVs for listed, non-listed, and the Copenhagen Stock Exchange’s Extra-Market funds, as well as trading prices for Danish non-listed funds.
- Daily performance and risk figures.
- Official month end NAVs for listed, unlisted and the Copenhagen Stock Exchange’s Extra-Market funds, which are used to calculate performance in accordance with Danish industry standards.
- Derived monthly performance and risk figures.
- Soft data for individual funds.
- Portfolio information.
- Aggregated portfolio information.